Friday, February 13, 2009

Nah, maybe not THAT crazy...

I'm pleasantly surprised as I'm working on my new composition...I was stressed about starting something BRAND new a week before the due date, but I am relating to this one far better than I was with the first. I think the difference, is that I am working with text. That's not to say that writing vocal music is easier, but I personally think I relate to it better. I found a poem that really speaks to me, and of course, if I really like something, the motivation is greater. I come from a more chorally-dominated music background, as opposed to one of an instrumental nature. I think I jumped into my first piece and made it complicated too soon; this one is going quite well. I have no worries about completing it for Monday.

Last week was also a very stressful week with an abundance of assignments and exams - I think my brain was flooded, and then I tried to work with composition, and didn't succeed as I had planned. I love working with choral/solo voice works, so I think I'm definitely writing in the right direction.

Here's to a weekend of composition!!
-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment